Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectINDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=47041
47041, INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by steve0677, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I called them and they are eager to start production, they could use a little help right now, and need to look at a 2gnt. If anyone is near...

8621 Southeastern Avenue

Indianapolis, IN 46239

Phone: (317) 862-3724

let me know I can set up something so they can take a look at our car. They have somebody with a turbo model near them that is eager to have them look at their, but we want ours first :) . Anybody?
47048, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
please somebody do this! ;-)
47053, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by jamesman, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have a spare manifold if they want to use it as a model i'll let them borrow it if they want.
lates
james
47058, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by Mystic511, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>let me know I can set up something so they can take a look at
>our car. They have somebody with a turbo model near them that
>is eager to have them look at their, but we want ours first :)
>. Anybody?

Yea man, we NT's deserve to have something FIRST.

Steve, worse comes to worse, road trip? :thumbsup
47063, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
hell yeah man!
47072, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by OZ_GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would be willing to make a road trip and stay overnight some weekend if someone else from KC would drive with me. We could get a couple of us to take our cars up there or just ride together. It might be a fun trip!! Its about 7 hours it looks like.

I would be especially willing if they would give me a deal on one.

How long do they need the car?? Can they look at it on a Saturday?

Chad

Although I can't imagine there isn't someone from St. Louis or somewhere closer.

47077, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
jamesman: thanks for the offer i will see if thats all they need, i think however they want to look at our engine also

lets hope someone is close, if not looks like we can still get this done.

:thumbsup
47097, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by babybeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm by Chicago. I can make a road trip with Silver NT. I just gotta catch him and let him know.
47133, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by netrelik, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I will!! I live about 1.5 - 2 hours away and I was planning on going to Indy next Monday - Wednesday to visit a friend.
47139, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by josemex, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hey guy I want one of those manifolds ones their done
47144, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by SILVERNT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
brian, im in for the trip, i can volunteer for a weekend, its only like 2hrs from us, sounds like fun
47146, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Hey Jamesman, Can you really let them borrow your intake manifold? I just got off the phone with them and would like to see it soon so they can start. That would be so great if we could get it them!

Once they have the intake manifold they would like to have an eclipse to look at. Silvernt DSM has offered to drive down there to let them look at our car. A meeting will be scheduled shortly after they get an intake manifold. A second trip would be needed from someone for testing of the intake manifold in the near future.

47345, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by Dinkjs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hey guys i ligve in indianapolis indiana and i lifve about 15 minutes from there but right now i am in houston texas i get back to indianapolis tomorrow on monday
47147, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Hey Jamesman, Can you really let them borrow your intake manifold? I just got off the phone with them and would like to see it soon so they can start. That would be so great if we could get it them!

Once they have the intake manifold they would like to have an eclipse to look at. Silvernt DSM has offered to drive down there to let them look at our car. A meeting will be scheduled shortly after they get an intake manifold. A second trip would be needed from someone for testing of the intake manifold in the near future.

47149, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Well...like I said I will be in Indy on Monday so if someone is still needed to go up there I will.
47150, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
hey netrelik I will let u know, i will give them a call tomorrow and see if they would like to see the car monday. he said he wants the intake manifold first, but who knows. :)
47152, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Also...let them know that I am local and whenever they need a 2gnt that I will be there!! I will probably go there on Monday regardless if they need me there or not to talk to them about it. Hopefully I will have my Modern Performance 60mm throttle by then and I can take that in to show them.
47158, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by etx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey i have a whole engine w/ the upper and lower intake mani's on it. engine is broken.. Im in detroit, but i got free fedex }( If i can be of any help shoot me an email! derek@etherealdesign.com
47192, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by woppishbob, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey guys...I live in Cincinnati so I'm only about an hour away from Indianapolis. If no one else is going I'd be happy to go ASAP. I'm free this weekend and am on spring break all of this next week. Let me know if you'd like me to help please. I'd love to have my car tested on this new intake!!
47242, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Guys thanks Jamesman for being a team player here. He is sending a stock intake manifold to indyheads for them. Once they have the intake manifold they will request to see our car, I did offer saying we could have somebody there on monday but they said after they see the manifold they will want to see a car so in a week or two once they get the manifold we can have somebody drive down there.
47329, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by woppishbob, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks Jamesman!

Let me know once you need someone to bring their car in since I live relatively close to some of the 2gnter's. I'd be happy to bring my car up there. Thanks, Bob
47671, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by DocWhiplash, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I live in Indianapolis. I just saw this topic, sorry. I could make a run. It's like 10 or 15 minutes from me. Someone give me some details.

47897, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by jamesman, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
manifold has been shipped last week, they said like 5 or 6 days transit time. so they will have it soon.
Lates
James

48126, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by likestofloorit, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How much HP you think this is going to give us???
48155, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by Twiste, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Neon got 25 to the wheels. We could see similar gains but 15 would just make me happy.
48192, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by likestofloorit, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
dang is all i got to say. That seems like alot of HP. You think this thing is going to cost a arm and a leg and a foot?
48201, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by PowerEclipses, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would think about 15WHP, the Neon heads are pretty different then ours, and there intake manifold totally sucks, It makes some wicked turns. Our head flows better and the intake mani. is a little bit better. I bet if you have a 60mm TB and have the indy, your going to feel some real nice gains, esp with a rebuild head.
48243, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Have they gotten the mani yet? Someone let me know when they need a car to go there.
48287, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
hey doc, i called wed and today and our contact guy rus was not there wed and busy today. the other guy iil spoke with was unsure if it came, but says if its not there today then monday he epexts it. u can give them a call monday if u like, if not i will call. thanks
48297, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by 98Turbo420A, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
can we get a picture of this thing!
48302, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by The1Bill, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Heh... hard to take a pic of something that does not yet exist...
Here is the Neon manifold...

-=B-=
49100, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wow... that thing looks amazing. i want one - i bet turbocharged applications would get 20 horses to the wheels out of that. our stock manifold is so restrictive.
48344, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
>hey doc, i called wed and today and our contact guy rus was
>not there wed and busy today. the other guy iil spoke with was
>unsure if it came, but says if its not there today then monday
>he epexts it. u can give them a call monday if u like, if not
>i will call. thanks

Just let me know what you wanna do. I can call him since I'm local. I'm just wana get these made for us.
49013, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by PowerEclipses, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
bump
49023, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Well I already updated the other thread but since this one is at the top I'll do it on here too. I went to indy cylinder heads last week and had all the measurements taken in my car. They are very eager to start making this manifold for us. They have a really nice facility and they know there stuff. What they want is to buy a 2gnt to keep up there while they design the manifold. They want to buy a cheep one, but hopefully one that runs for like $1000. I've been looking locally but havent had any luck. I inspected the neon manifolds and they are beautiful pieces. I'm very excited to get one of these on my car now. They really need a car that they can keep for a month or two. As soon as they find one they can get started, so I need everyones help in finding one. I was up there for like an hour and we talked for awhile so if anyone has a question just let me know and I'll try to answer it.

Thanks
49028, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
ive been checking ebay, here is a beater talon for 1100. 1000 is going to be very hard to come by they may have to get one for 1500. anyway here is the car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2410134213&category=6214
49061, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by theallpowerfulme, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I called today, for the second time. And offered my car to them for as long as they need it, again. Russ said that it sounded likea good deal and they will call. The ball is totally in their court, now. I could really care less either way I am just trying to help the cause :thumbsup .
49089, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
>I called today, for the second time. And offered my car to
>them for as long as they need it, again. Russ said that it
>sounded likea good deal and they will call. The ball is
>totally in their court, now. I could really care less either
>way I am just trying to help the cause :thumbsup .

That would be real good imo. They might get it done faster knowing that they're working with someone elses car too. Thanks
50517, RE: INDY MANIFOLD PRODUCTION UPDATE - Anyone near them at all?
Posted by darosa4561, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Any update. Dont wanna sound like a jerk but just wondering how it was going along
I generated this page in 0.010344982147217 seconds, executing 7 queries.