Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Marketing question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=28280&mesg_id=28317
28317, RE: Marketing question
Posted by Stan2gnt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>Alright, just read through all this stuff...got a couple
>random ideas...
>
>1) Summit Racing is offering $25,000 for the first 200mph
>sport compact. With 1500 HP this could be it...somebody
>with some cash to start this, could really make some big
>money off this.

That has already been done by the Turbonetics Celica. The cars that run in the Pro class cost more than $25K to build. That Celica for instance I'm willing to bet $20 has $25K in the engine and engine development alone (tundra V8, custom block, twin turbo ect).

>3) I have to be with a lot of guys on this point...how much
>would it cost for a package deal. I have gone onto HRC and
>gotten a pretty concrete price on a stage V with everything
>needed, except sweat and elbow grease to pump out 500HP.
>How much would it cost to make this block put out 500HP?
>with internals, guages, all that jazz.

The only way to make 500hp would be with forced induction at which point you could do the same thing with the stock block. For $2400 you could purchase JE pistons, Eagle rods, clutch upgrade, choose a better performing turbo option and mstill make 500hp. Or you could spend it on a engine management system such as a a Haltech, injectors and fuel pump upgrade. Unless I was competitive race team, had money to burn and do it all or hell bent on a monster normally aspirated engine I know which I'd choose to spend the money on. If my livelyhood was dependent on racing 8 and 9 sec hondas with 600-700+ hp I'd buy a shelf full while they still only cost $2400. I read where Brent Rua said he spent $10K just in transmissions last race season so a couple of $2400 blocks to a racer with a few sponsors may be no big deal.
I generated this page in 0.011047840118408 seconds, executing 6 queries.