Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectMain bearing replacement
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=138725
138725, Main bearing replacement
Posted by weebo66, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hey guys I was wondering if there was a way to replace the main bearings without having to remove the crankshaft I'm already going to do the rod bearings as I noticed there was a noise and I can feel a vibration on the top of my motor so I checked the clearances in my rod bearings and I'm at about .050mm which is right at the top and of the acceptable range and that was with a new bearing I thought when I was in there I could do the crankshaft main bearings but I didn't want to take it out I'm going to use standard size rod bearings because I used 20w50 oil and that would be too thick to use undersized bearings that was the oil I was using previously as well and only noticed the noise when I switch to 10w30 any help would be great and thank you again for your time
138726, RE: Main bearing replacement
Posted by weebo66, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well since no one knows I will try it and see what happens I guess. wish me luck my dudes
138727, RE: Main bearing replacement
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Anything is possible with a big enough hammer, but you're not doing yourself any favors.

I wouldn't even recommend swapping out rod bearings like this.
138730, RE: Main bearing replacement
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Agree with Dino.

If you cannot afford to do it right the first time, be ready to pay to do it twice then.
I generated this page in 0.0074119567871094 seconds, executing 7 queries.