Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectA/C is SAD!... help me make it (and me) HAPPY again!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=138690&mesg_id=138690
138690, A/C is SAD!... help me make it (and me) HAPPY again!
Posted by iamnotwhoiam, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok.. fellow 2GNT'ers need some advice/suggestions/guidance, etc:

situation... my AC system in the Talon is sad :-( and I want it to be Happy :-) again!

Backstory:
Years ago when i bought the Talon the ac compressor had been bypassed and as such didn't work.. seized or something (never really investigated)... so i proceeded to replace the compressor with a used one and a new drier and had a shop pull vacuum and recharge... but never seemed to cool all that well and well its starting to get hot again and I want a flipping ice cold car...

My initial solution/plan:

I bought a new compressor, drier, expansion valve and was planning to just replace the compressor and drier... not sure about doing the expansion valve since it may be a chore to get into the dash and may actually not be needed.

So my dilemma:

I have a suspicion that maybe the culprit to this whole ordeal is the condenser and maybe I just need to just replace it... and then got me thinking maybe I should just replace nearly everything including the evaporator...

And as such looking for some thoughts on how I might proceed or if maybe I'm over thinking it or if my initial plan should be sufficient, etc.

TIA :-)
I generated this page in 0.0085809230804443 seconds, executing 6 queries.