Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRunaway & Sticky Idle
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=138654&mesg_id=138654
138654, Runaway & Sticky Idle
Posted by J, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

I've got a problem, in that if I drive normally or even breathe on the throttle... that my rpm's like to stick at the high rpm, or even climb to ~4k rpm's. A quick tap on the gas peddle usually brings the rpm's back down. It's getting incredibly annoying though, and am basically tapping every time I let off the gas. To others, it just sounds like I'm revving my noisy exhaust for fun (which I'm not).

What I've replaced:
MAP Sensor, TPS Sensor, IAC Valve, PCV Valve, Throttle Body Gasket, Upstream O2 Sensor

I've also sprayed down all my vacuum lines/connections/etc and intake manifold/runners w/ carb cleaner... found a small leak @ MAP sensor, but that was it. I also cleaned the throttle body when I replaced the TPS/IAC (just normal dirt).

CEL codes:
Too rich (expected)
rpm's not within +/- 200rpms (P1294) <<< My problem
Evap leak (small)
Evap leak (gross >> every so often)
^^^^ I assume these are because I'm turbo and have a ripped diaphragm (am a 1997 btw)

Torque Android App:
Says my throttle is at ~13% at idle, and shows ~50% throttle when I'm wide open... I'm going to check the butterfly that it is indeed open all of the way, but I'm thinking I may have a wiring issue (as it has spanned 2x TPS sensors). The throttle cable itself is not sticking at all, and I've left a tiny bit of slack. Also, this car hasn't had an EGR in a decade (no hot pipe). Torque is also showing that my coolant temp is exactly where it should be, so I'm assuming I have no coolant sensor funkiness.

Any ideas?
I'm getting frustrated :'(
- J

I generated this page in 0.0088019371032715 seconds, executing 6 queries.