Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Passing Emissions with Megasquirt
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=138158&mesg_id=138347
138347, RE: Passing Emissions with Megasquirt
Posted by RfOeCnKdOeNr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Corbin
Since you are 1996, I expect that they will hook up an OBD2 scanner at the inspection station. I don't think you have a chance of satisfying the stock ECU with out giving it full control over the engine. I've been running MS and switching back to stock to pass emissions for 8 years now. I re-install stock injectors, stock O2 sensors, hotter BKR5E spark plugs, EGR, set to stock fuel pressure, advance exhaust cam, retard intake cam, as well as give the stock ECU control of injectors, ignition, and IAC. I run a cat year round, so that isn't a problem. Since I'm 1995, I have to pass a rolling dyno test. I think if you can pass that, you can pass the OBD2 test. I've failed enough to know exactly what it takes (for my engine anyways). By now, I have set up the MS harness with stock connectors for injector harness, ignition, and IAC so that switching control from stock to MS is "plug and play". Corbin '95 ESI-T Now with more power and fewer leaks Humble servant of the Wiki

Thanks for the tips... I know this is a delayed response but the car sat for the winter and I am back at it now...

I left all of the stock EXU plugs in the engine bay in case I needed to switch back... The only one I messed with that will be very difficult to get back to stock plug (I snipped the wires because I only had one plug) is the IAC... Do you think I will
need the stock ECU to control it for emissions?

Thanks again.
I generated this page in 0.0076110363006592 seconds, executing 6 queries.