Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: okay I've been stumped (not hard to do but regardless)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=137260&mesg_id=137268
137268, RE: okay I've been stumped (not hard to do but regardless)
Posted by driverx08, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
New problem and one that I need to solve quickly.

The crank Sprocket for the timing belt is pushed too close the oil pump and is wearing the timing belt. I must have put it too far on when i did the motor.

Problem is that my friend who helped me remove it in the first place screwed up all the bolt holes to pull it off.

Whats my best option on getting this thing off quickly? I fear it's gonna have to be drilled and tapped and then pulled off, what should I use for the puller?

Hoping you more experienced fellows have a few tricks up your sleeve, like you usually do.

EDIT: Okay so I took a look at the sprocket and compared to another motor I had laying around it looks to be on just how its supposed to be, now it seems that I didn't notice the belt rubbing on the lip of the oil pump. I will post picture, i have no idea how to solve this issue.

on the bottom there the lip on the bottom of the pump is too big and i cant set the belt far out enough to avoid it

does that look like the right distance from the pump?

the wear marks on the belt and how far the belt is over, this is how it usually sits with it all together just with tension
I generated this page in 0.0074989795684814 seconds, executing 6 queries.