Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: ITB intake change
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=133459&mesg_id=133834
133834, RE: ITB intake change
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by bullettdsm
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G Custom throttle plate rod? If you could run one rod through all 4 throttle bodies that would make things simpler. Would it be possible to make the outlet sides work with V band clamps? Then you wouldn't need to bolt them on.
Look at you go! Yup, both great ideas that we have been exploring. The V-band clamps, while a great idea, would take a bit more time, and make for a basic re-do of the set-up. Don't know if I really want to do that yet - though its not a ruled out possibility. It does give us adjustability. As for the single throttle rod through all four TB's; that would require a bit of time in measurement and preciseness, that may not be necessary. I'm leaning toward adjusting the plastic throttle arm (or make a stainless arm) so that it would be about 45* in a clockwise position, so that I can make a "lever" to pull on all four at once. This could allow for adjustment in various different directions.

I immediately thought of a single throttle cable with three additional ends crimped on.

___/_/_/_/

Pull all four at once...
I generated this page in 0.0069758892059326 seconds, executing 6 queries.