Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: no start. cranks, no fuel or spark
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=131904&mesg_id=132038
132038, RE: no start. cranks, no fuel or spark
Posted by itsaslow95, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yes bullett i most certainly do.

now, here is my advice as i have also fought with this issue. mine a little more advanced due to megasquirt (by the way she is running and driving now)

if you rewired your sensor which it sounds like you did, and you followed the shop manual, there is your problem.

the shop manual wiring is incorrect. when wiring like that it shorts and destroys the sensor out. bang useless. i have 3 of them currently.

go to a shop and ask them to use their SNAP0-ON modis or veris to print out the test procedure to the ckp sensor. then go to a CHRYSLER or MITSUBISHI dealer and buy the ckp sensor and updated pig tail. now and only now wire the new pigtail CORRECTLY.

let me recap that last one
oem- made care
autozone- made duralast
oem-made car you drive
autozone- made duralast...
GO TO OEM FOR IMPORTANT PARTS!
learn from my mistake.

now only good thing here is take that durajunk sensor to them, tell them you tested it with an oscilloscope and it was bad when you got it. youll get your 65.96 back and never go there for important parts again. ever.

p.s.
i tested my sensor with a scope battery and a magnet. i was getting a wave from it from 1.75 inches AWAY FROM THE FRONT OF IT. the length dont matter a bit. i promise.

the sensor contains a magnetic based transistor and thats all it is. therefore it doesn't require a set airgap its pretty easy going.

well now i think i contributed my fair share. if it helps great, if not sorry guys for wasting space. - - im going to figure out why i keep blowing apart vacuum t fittings. good day to all!

I generated this page in 0.0076141357421875 seconds, executing 6 queries.