Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: I need a crash course........
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=131336&mesg_id=131342
131342, RE: I need a crash course........
Posted by CandiPaint2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by bullettdsm
Originally posted by CandiPaint2G it checked out with 16.0 Volts at the starter
16 huh? Is there something that you're not telling us? Do you have a 16 volt system in there?
Originally posted by CandiPaint2G However reading other posts I found someone with a similar problem and they mentioned 3 clicks when installing the TC after it has been removed. What is the 3 clicks he is refering to?
Ruh roh, I smell trouble........ During the install of the TQ converter, you should have put the TQ converter on the input shaft and wiggled/spun it with gentle pressure toward the tranny. You should have heard/felt 3 clicks. That way you would know she is set in place. If she is not all the way on, you can have a bound up engine. Try turning the engine over by hand with the crank pulley (clockwise)

Will do, I guess ill have no choice but disassemble everything back and check on that. This is not the first time I pulled apart the engine and put her back together and im assuming I had better luck last time cause I had originally bolted the TC directly onto the flywheel first then just wiggled it into place and bolted in the four large bolts without necessarily hearing for the 3 clicks. However, this time around I figured I lower the engine with only the flywheel installed into place of the TC already installed into the transmission and then bolted it together making me turn the flywheel and TC around as I installed the four small bolts. So I hope its not the case of it binding up as you say but ill get up under it and hopefully I can turn it rather easily after I remove the other belts and then go from there. Living in Texas makes it unbearable to work outside when you only have partial shade and its really like 104 during the day with a heat index of 118!!! Flippin sucks down here
I generated this page in 0.010205984115601 seconds, executing 6 queries.