Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectI agree with Cyan
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=117231&mesg_id=117234
117234, I agree with Cyan
Posted by Skrilla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You shouldn't at all be afraid to redline your engine. It is very safe and our PCM run the engine rich so as to not explode or throw a rod. If you properly want to maintain your engine then take extra precaution when performing regular maintainance. Give it Synthetic oil and replace all necessary equipment a few thousand miles sooner than the factory manual and owner's manual say. Cars are really on meant to last about 15 years and/or 250,000 miles just by following the owner's manual instructions. Michael_97RS said you should check for these things every 30,000 miles, and I think this is HIGHLY recommended:

- Replace Spark Plugs
- Check (Ohm) Wires
- Check CV shafts/boots
- Replace Fuel Filter
- Replace Transmission Fluid (Manual & Auto)
- Grease and lube suspension parts
- Air Filter clean and re-oil(K&N) or replace
- Check belts re-tension or replace
- Change Oil and Filter
- Check Brakes
- Flush and Fill Coolant, replace Thermostat
- Replace PCV Valve
- General check of whole car: hoses, lines, wiring etc
- Last but not least install some mod.

The last thing listed is not optional - A MUST :)

My lil' '94 Civic DX sees the redline EVERY time I accelerate, I watch everything needed and performed a compression test along with a dose of Mobil 1 Synthetic (THE brand to use). Anyway the engine is perfect and has 161,000 miles on it. No probems except 3rd gear tranny syncro my girlfriend blew learning to drive stick:)

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology is the Only Substitute for Displacment"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"
I generated this page in 0.0086228847503662 seconds, executing 6 queries.