Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: All Motor 2GNT Dyno Results -- New theory
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=113092&mesg_id=113178
113178, RE: All Motor 2GNT Dyno Results -- New theory
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by bzoss
what is the MSnS? And where do you get one?

LMAO! Where have you been, man? Under a rock? :P

MSnS = MegaSquirt'n'Spark. There is practically an entire sub-forum dedicated to it in the Performance/Engine forum. It's also being offered by one of the site vendors and is advertised at the top of the index page.

Basically, it's a DIY "stand alone" that can control your fuel and ignition. Completely programmable and has a wealth of special features built into it such as stutter box, water injection, etc.. It is not a true stand alone because it does not completely replace the ECU, but you can wind it out to something like 15,000rpm if you like.

I plan on setting myself a soft-touch limiter at 8500rpm, pulling timing a little bit so that I will feel it before my self-imposed redline, then a hard cut rev limiter at 9000rpm when I take her to the dyno. I'll be able to see where my peak hp occurs at the wheels, and dial down my rev limiter accordingly.

Haha. And you thought I was jealous of your set up. You and I have more in common than you know. :thumbsup
I generated this page in 0.0071611404418945 seconds, executing 6 queries.