Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: All Motor 2GNT Dyno Results -- New theory
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=113092&mesg_id=113168
113168, RE: All Motor 2GNT Dyno Results -- New theory
Posted by bzoss, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yes, i took into account head gasket thickness in my calculations.

also, I plan to keep the cams I have as this IS a daily driver, and god knows cams like that don't make for good idle. The extra power would be nice, however, it really won't be that much more. I say MAYBE 10 whp. I think that would be pushing it as well. Plus I didn't expect having to drop the cash to basically re-do my bottom end. That sort of put a damper on my pocket book.

Lastly, I will probably just be juicing as an intermediate step. Just until I can save some cash to boost it. I also want a water cooled set-up which I am having a hard time finding. Turbonetic's will upgrade any turbo for just $40.00, but getting star to include it in their kit is a different story.

I still plan to push about 160whp with the lower compression now that the car will be running right. In some of the first posts I talked about a ticking sound from the cam gear area. Well, got that solved, the pistons were coming into slight contact with the head.... yes, I know crazy.
So basically a lot of shit was going wrong, robbing me of power, so I expect to get considerably more with it running right, even without the higher compression.

I do appreciate all of your input, and I have learned a great deal through this whole experience, so if any of you have any questions I think that I have damn near become a regional expert on our motors at this point. ;)

Thanks a lot!

oh, don't buy from howell. ;) <-- I think I might add that to my sig, what do you think.. LOL
I generated this page in 0.0071220397949219 seconds, executing 6 queries.