Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: All Motor 2GNT Dyno Results
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=113092&mesg_id=113136
113136, RE: All Motor 2GNT Dyno Results
Posted by bzoss, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It sounds exactly like the detonation you described... the whole machine gun firing thing, not sluggish or sputtery at all. Sound like a rapid pinging, which is why I keep saying that it is detonation.

The spark plugs are brand new, just put them in like 50 miles ago. I do have an ignition amp. It is the Crane ignition. The recommended gap with that system is .045, and that is what I gapped the plugs to.

The plugs are all the coldest heat range possible. Everything in the block is brand new. I think that somehow, maybe I got 12.5:1 vice 10.5:1. Because I really don't think that my head was milled enough to raise my compression over the detonation threshold, and I can't figure any other reason that would cause my car to be detonating other than the high compression factor.

I am going to put a crap load of octane boost in her and see what that does, and of course keep playing with the cam timing, however, like I said. It is not sluggish or sputtery, it is the rattle can machine gun firing noise... detonation.

Keep the input coming, I do appreciate it. One thing I don't understand however is, how can motorcycles run like 13:1 on pump gas but I can't even run 11:1 in a car? I have heard other cars tuned to run high compression on pump gas, what is their secret?

Thanx guys!

I generated this page in 0.0076868534088135 seconds, executing 6 queries.