Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: All Motor 2GNT Dyno Results
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=113092&mesg_id=113133
113133, RE: All Motor 2GNT Dyno Results
Posted by bzoss, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
When you did your all motor rebuild what compression did you use? Was it similar to mine? And if so, did you have problems with detonation?

All the timing marks line up perfect. I checked it with the crank pulley off, etc. etc.

The cams timing marks are not PERFECTLY lined up, but due to them already being set a tuned degrees due to prior tuning that is why, but they are VERY close, so that cannot be the problem.

I thought maybe my plugs were getting too hot and causing pre-ignition detonation, but I swapped them for the coldest ones that eccell has to offer, and I still have the same problem.

I am going to start playing with the cam gears I think.
I will retard them both about 4 degrees and see how that does, and then do the opposite. Maybe I can learn a little something from how the car responds.

Last effort is going to be switching to race gas. See if it detonates on that.
If not, then my timing is in fact where it should be, and my problem is from detonation. Either from too high of compression, or something in the cylinder is getting hot enough to light the fuel under compression before the spark gets there.

Keep the input coming, but seriously, don't say check the timing anymore please, I have heard it one thousand times, and I have checked it a thousand times. IT IS DEAD NUTS ON.

I do enjoy all the support, so keep it coming!
I generated this page in 0.0097768306732178 seconds, executing 6 queries.