Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Mid-Engine, RWD eclipse...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=112453&mesg_id=112487
112487, RE: Mid-Engine, RWD eclipse...
Posted by BlackBomexTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't really like the idea of a Mid engine RWD, but RWD would be a big advantage.

How about a rear end from a Starion and GSX rear suspension/gas tank for starters. Custom motor mounts and stretch some of the wiring harness to accomodate the 90 degree movement in the bay. The engine will fit, I measured it once but I forget the specs I came up with.

I believe the low end base model Jeeps have a RWD 5 speed manual bolted to a 2.4. Being a chrylser components I don't know how hard it would be to make the tranny work on a 420a. Custom fab work could be done to accomodate a six speed from what ever donor car: ex supra :shrug.

I'm sure to some extent the fire wall and beginning of the drive shaft tunnel would have to be cut out to accomadate the RWD tranny.

As for a drive shaft call the shop in Memphis that makes custom driveshafts, and give them the specs to build it too, I forget the name of the place though.

Seeing how my 2.5 project is taking all of my fun money I had, and I'll be attending Wyotech soon, either this October or January, I can't expand on my ideas and make it work. I WAS going to make this work until I fried my 2.0 and decided to build this 2.5. The only reason I am building this high HP engine is because I WILL have it in a RWD setup. Maybe at Wyotech in my Street Rod & Custom Fabrication/ Chassis Fabrication this will be my project. Thanks for reading my long ass post and Have a Nice Day

~ BBT

dsmmyth: im not your typical dumb american
BlackBomexTalon: but u are asian
I generated this page in 0.017200946807861 seconds, executing 6 queries.