Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Mid-Engine, RWD eclipse...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=112453&mesg_id=112463
112463, RE: Mid-Engine, RWD eclipse...
Posted by WheatKing, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>I didn't say it couldn't be done...and if you look I said
>something to the effect of "If you're dreaming, then
>cool"....I'm sure it could be done. You can do anything with
>enough money. I just think this is really out of the scope of
>reality. Everyone here gets super pissed when they read a
>thread title "Can I put a GST engine in my car?"....that will
>be 1000 times easier than this project. That's my point.
>
Everyone gets pissed because it's been asked 1000 times.. not that it's not feasable.

Doing things for the hell of it are the reason why we have the aftermarket that we have.. The guys way back in 95-96 who decided to bolt a turbo to a 420a.. just for the hell of it.. are the reason why the RS/GS has some shred of respect from the DSM community.

I've done several things.. just for the hell of it.. and although i probably shouldn't have, like the turbo on the stock manifold, it's good to know that it can be done.

I've got some other projects that i'm being pretty quiet about because of people like you.. and when you see them i'm pretty sure it's gonna shake up the platform once again.. both avengers/sebring and talon/eclipse.. I'm not going to tell you what it is because of those very comments above.. i've got better things to do than defend *WHY* i'm doing it, rather than actually doing it in the first place.

Now.. back to the topic at hand..

I've considered doing a mid engine.. however.. the best way to go would probably be twin engine automatic tranny cars.. much like the hyundai. The engine/tranny should fit in just fine.. and some chromoly tubing should be installed for re-inforcement of the frame.

other than that.. i doubt it would be too difficult.. the hardest part would be boxing the frame for another engine and wiring it up.

-- WheatKing

I generated this page in 0.0078370571136475 seconds, executing 6 queries.