Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectCan I put a Mopar Performance ECU for a Neon on my Eclipse???
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=106288
106288, Can I put a Mopar Performance ECU for a Neon on my Eclipse???
Posted by joelrios1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone have put a Neon Mopar Peformance ECU on an Eclipse? It's posible? What it's needed to be done? I'm asking this becasue I have a 95 Eclipse RS and I haven't found anyone that can do a remap of this ECU. Any help you can bring to me will be welcomed.
106289, RE: Can I put a Mopar Performance ECU for a Neon on my Eclipse???
Posted by VelocitaPaola, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm not sure if it's ever been done successfully, but the bottom line is that the two ECU pinouts are different. It may be possible, but you would need to be extremely comfortable with reading schematics and electrical diagrams, and cutting and splicing wires. You'd run into the same problem if you tried putting an AF/X ECU in there.

Your best bet would be to follow the steps in the upgrade paths, and go from there.
106307, RE: Can I put a Mopar Performance ECU for a Neon on my Eclipse???
Posted by eclipsekaiser, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
No, unless you know what you are doing...
106315, RE: Can I put a Mopar Performance ECU for a Neon on my Eclipse???
Posted by 2GeclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Megasquirt.

I've got my tuner friends fiending for it.

Stand alone for $399?! They wont shut up about it and want me to hurry up and get mine so i can show them what's up.

Dont mess with a remap or anything like that. If you're on a budget, megasquirt is the only way to go unless you find an aem/hks/other unit for less than $399.
106321, RE: Can I put a Mopar Performance ECU for a Neon on my Eclipse???
Posted by Kirby, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well the real question is why do you need to re-map the ECU? Without some kind of mods it will do very little for you. But if you are going to do something you may as well go piggy back with the squirt running timeing and fuel..
I generated this page in 0.0095300674438477 seconds, executing 7 queries.