Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: arp head stud issue..
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=103066&mesg_id=103105
103105, RE: arp head stud issue..
Posted by corsagsbo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by dougie2
I can guarantee you that any issues from the Cometic gaskets are caused from improper installation. Great care must be taken during installation to make sure the inner rings are perfectly aligned. Also, you need to put a 50-60RA polish on the mating surfaces. We use Cometic gaskets exclusively on 420A and 4g63 engines... I'm talking 25-35 PSI on GT30R, GT35R and GT40R turbochargers. Cometic is the only gasket I use.

This may very well be the case as you raise valid points.
If I'm not mistaken, roughly 3-4 years ago when I was rebuilding my engine, there was at the time an impression that a sealing issue came up in various instances with the outer bolts. There was a post at the time that had the Cometic overlayed w/ stock gasket and there were differences in center line then. Being that they are an innovative company which has grown over the years in popularity, it sounds like this has since been remedied, or it may have been an isolated case in production. Either way, there is no contesting the fact that these have since held 25+ psi with "big" turbos as Doug stated.

--------------------------------------
Santiago
boosted 420a...(2.2l v8 eater)
02 WRX
95 T/A 383ci
03 Harley XL 92ci w/ NOS

I generated this page in 0.0073919296264648 seconds, executing 6 queries.