Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Seperate the transmission from block
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=86786&mesg_id=86823
86823, RE: Seperate the transmission from block
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by RxR_Eclipse
Originally posted by grain 15hours it took you? i can get a tranny out and back in , in less then 4 hours.
15 hrs from the time the car was parked to the time she drove away. If it only takes you 4 hrs to do that your freaking superman with a tranny and major props goes out to you. It took us about 3.5 hrs to get it off and on (just the tranny). The rest of the time we spent taking off misc shit and putting it back on. Since this was my first time (hopefully only), I did go extremely slow to make sure I did not miss anything.

Wow. I only pulled the engine with the tranny the first time it came out. Ever since, we just pull the engine by itself. As was stated above, drop the oil pan, remove the access panel up against the side of the tranny, remove the four bolts for the starter plate, remove the bolts that hold the tranny to the block, and start taking her out. You don't even have to remove the crank pulley, but it's a very good idea to do so. Back in July, run4cvr and I popped the hood and had the block on the ground in three hours. Not too impressive, but we went to Checker and NAPA halfway through to get something we needed at the time, so really only about 2.5 hours to get the block out. Practice is a wonderful thing, isn't it? :P
I generated this page in 0.010755062103271 seconds, executing 6 queries.