Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectWell, looks like I'm all motor.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=86623&mesg_id=86623
86623, Well, looks like I'm all motor.
Posted by powellds, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
After contemplating going turbo or staying N/A, I recently decided to go the turbo path. After tearing into my car and spending a lot of money, I have grown to be curious of just how much Hp I could get out of my NA Eclipse staying at 2.0l. I have decided to stay all motor and keep it at 2Liters and try to get as much Hp as I can. Sure one day I will go turbo, but I just feel I need to spend more time reading and doing research and of course SAVE MORE MONEY. :-)
I posted a long time ago about going the N/A route and it got to be a pretty long post, but I am for sure going N/A. My last time at the track I pulled a 15.9 in the quarter and the run wasn't very great anyway. I just got the AF/X ECU in when I pulled that time. (also, that was in Boise Idaho where the altitude is a little high up there). Since I pulled the 15.9, I got crower stage 2's, ported and polished head, REV standard sized valves, Crower springs and Retainers, SBI rockers and lashers, and Fidanza Adjustable cam gears. So, I wonder what my time slip would have said after I did a run with that after-15.??. Well, as some of you may know, I am doing a full rebuild with a stage 3 Spec clutch, Howell Long rod bottom end kit, (whenever that gets here) Balance assembly and whatever else I forgot. Here's a list of my current mods

AEM V2 CAI, OBX Header (soon DC 4-2-1), Fagnablow Exhaust (soon Greddy Evo 2), OBX High flow cat, modern performance 60mm throttle body (soon 55mm TB) (also, the I am selling my 60mm if anyone turbo'd is interested) Ported and polished intake mani., AFX ECU, Short Shifter, ES shifter Bushings, ES Motor mounts, Ported and polsihed head w/crower 2's, valve springs and titanium retainers,SBI rockers and lashers, Fidanza asjustable cam gears and Here's looks for you:

Red Eclipse with Evo Carbon hood with red mesh in it, Shiney Black stock rims, Carbon 1' wing, carbon m3 mirrors, and stickers in black lettering with brand names.

Suspension:
AGX gas adjustable struts, Eibach coilovers, Strut tower bars, and Toyo Proxes.

Sorry for this being so long, but I thought I would just share my mods and plans with everyone, I hope to break into the 14's when I get my car finished in a month and a half, I don't think it's that unrealistic. I hope this brings some more light to the all motor fellas and encourages others to try it out. I know turbo will make you go really fast for your buck, but anyone can do that for a little money. How often do you see a N/A Eclipse in the 14's driving around? I decided to stay at 2.0 because that's what the car is stock, and I wanna see just how fast she'll go before turbo. I was also going to ask, I'm thinking of 10.5 compression with that AF/X ECU, I already have to put 93 octane in it at 9.6:1, do you think I could go 11:1?? What do you all think? Thanks for hearin me.
~Jeffo

Hey, have you seen my new tail lights? Yeah, cool huh, get used to looking at them.
I generated this page in 0.0070858001708984 seconds, executing 6 queries.