Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Not starting, not turning over, got fuel
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=82707&mesg_id=82762
82762, RE: Not starting, not turning over, got fuel
Posted by _, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DarkOne
Well, I'd see if the starter will engage at all. Test this by taking the smaller of the two wires that runs to it, the solinoid wire (look south of the battery, it's black and yellow if i remeber correctly) and apply 12v+ directly to it by jumping it to the battery. If the starter engages and turns, I'd suspect the starter relay and/or associated wiring harness. If it does not, it is most likely the starter.

Thanks a lot...you've been very helpful.

Yes, you remembered right, the small wire was Black and Yellow. Unfortunately nothing happened when I jumped it to the battery. Maybe I did it wrong, but I doubt it. Next step is getting that starter out of there, I guess. I have the Factory Service manual on CD, but it just so happens that for some reason the starter section is missing. Is there anything special I should know when taking it out? Looks like it's connected in about 2 spots, one of them looks like it has a ground wire connected? Is that right?

Thanks again.
I generated this page in 0.013036966323853 seconds, executing 6 queries.