Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectURGENT-- Oil on spark plugs, too lose? or bad gasket?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=73354&mesg_id=73354
73354, URGENT-- Oil on spark plugs, too lose? or bad gasket?
Posted by .bs0d, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hey guys-
im changing my oil right now, and i decided to check my spark plugs for some odd reason, but I discovered that my first cylinder spark plug has been drenched on both sides with oil! so i checked the others, and they had a bit of oil on the 'tops' of them where the plug wire connects.

What would cause this? I changed my valve cover gasket like 2 months ago or so, and it seemed not to leak any... but i think they all are leaking, the first more than the rest.

Also, i went to take the spark plug out, and it was sort of loose. It didnt seem to be in that tight. None of them really were. When they were put in, I was chaning my oil and my friend was the one who installed them.

And, do i now need new spark plugs? they're bout 6 months old, the rest dont have oil on the ends, but the first one did, i wonder if it fouled it out.

Thanks for any info and help guys. I've also noticed my gas mileage to gradually get a bit worse
I generated this page in 0.010802030563354 seconds, executing 6 queries.