Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Fuel Pump Failure!?!?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=71005&mesg_id=71010
71010, RE: Fuel Pump Failure!?!?
Posted by techboy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My first guess would be that you need a new fuel filter, but you say you just put one in. Your O2 sensors have nothing to do with it. If one of them went bad, the car would still run just fine, you would just be throwing an code on the check engine light. Besides, most of your O2 sensors are on your exhaust, which has nothing to do with why your car is sputtering - it's probably fuel/timing related.

I would double check everything with your MSD ignition install first. Was it doing this before that install? Have you replaced your air filter recently? When is the last time you changed your spark plugs? Do you have any fuel mods? If your car is older and you have never changed injectors, it may be time for new ones. Check these things first, fuel pumps rarely "go slow". They just go, stop working one day and that's it.

Hope this helps, or at least gives you some other options. Good luck figuring it out.

EDIT: Nevermind, on the MSD ignition, I see you installed a coil pack, not an ignition.
I generated this page in 0.012492895126343 seconds, executing 6 queries.