Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: 95 ECU to a Howell 97 ECU
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=63129&mesg_id=63140
63140, RE: 95 ECU to a Howell 97 ECU
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by zhr420
but what if i changed the entire wire harness in the engine, the wires that leads to all the sensors and stuff. later "Z"

the entire engine harness will run you $1200... :wary

haha i just wanted a 97+ coil pack harness but satan said they only sell it as one piece (for the entire engine bay). that's how i know.

Originally posted by Chamuko
I think the sensors might have different plugs. But they work the same. I am by no means even close to being sure on this, just saying you should research it a bit because i recall it being mentoined.

i can't confirm on any other plugs but i know for a fact that your coilpack will not work with a 97 harness. so you will either need a new coilpack or hackup your old coilpack plug and splice it into the 97 wiring. that's just ONE thing i know of.. i'm sure there are many more...

no offense but there's a good reason no one else has used the howell ECU for anything besides it's intended application. there are many who would like the ECU but it's pretty much exclusively for 97 MT...
I generated this page in 0.011013031005859 seconds, executing 6 queries.