Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectsounds like a hoped up V8
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=1365&mesg_id=1365
1365, sounds like a hoped up V8
Posted by 95TalonESI, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just got finished changing the timing belt, water pump, bored the throttle body, and put an AFX underdrive pulley on my '95 Talon NT. When I started it up after I got her all back together, it misses out at idle real bad!! I have been told numerous times that it sounds like a V8 with a huge cam in it. At first, I thought the timing may be off just a little, but I had a very experienced mechanic do that part of it, but I did the rest myself. The car runs great from 3000 rpms and up, at any throttle position. If I try a mellow takeoff, it misses out real bad then too. I have checked all of the vacuume lines that I can find, and they are all entact. The "check engine" light stays on constantly. I haven't had time to take it in and have it hooked up to the computer at the shop, but I plan on doing that real soon. I was just curious to see if anyone else had any suggestions on what the problem is. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Nathan Shearn
"Turbo Bound"
I generated this page in 0.0077221393585205 seconds, executing 6 queries.