Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=134748&mesg_id=136156
136156, RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight)
Posted by 99RedGs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
UPDATE: 03/05/2012

Well, I have completed just about everything that needs to be done immediately before I am able to start the car. I am now on to my Megasquirt adventure. I have been reading and watching videos about how to set everything up, but in all honesty it is still a little complex for me. I wish I had someone here who could walk me through it once since I learn best by example.

MS1 v2.2 029y4 3-bar map sensor
550cc injectors
LC-1 wideband

Issues:
-I seem to be having a problem when I open up Terry's .MSQ with Tunerstudio or Megatune. I also downloaded an .MSQ from symtech's database and got errors as well

SymtechLabs base map Errors:

I have read through the manuals and I was wondering if anyone has a link that shows setting everything up with Tunerstudio? I found some but they were for MS2 or 3 so the settings were different

What all I have completed for the build thus far:
- Built and mounted engine in the car
- Completed all of the plumbing with SS lines ( Oil feed, Fuel Return, Oil drain)
- PS and AC delete
- Made a bracket and mounted the FMIC
- Cut intercooler piping to fitment
- Installed OFE3 clutch (provided by Zac) with new TOB
- 90% of wiring completed for MS system
- Gauges mounted and wired up
- Fill with coolant
- Wire up the power for the MS
- Wire up and mount the LC-1 wideband
- Bleed the clutch
- Plumb the vacuum tubing
- Mount AFPR (I accidently made my return line a little shorter than I wanted to I'm still problem solving this)
- Install a new alternator
- Prime the oil pump before initial startup

What I have left to do:
- Fabricate a 3" resonator to connect the DP to the "cat-back"
- Burn a base map to the MS
- Have a welder apply a bead around the intercooler pipes that I cut so I get a better seal
- Figure out a PCV system to prevent pressurization of the crankcase
- Rebuild the engine because I'll probably blow it up since I had no idea what I was doing on this build...

I generated this page in 0.010711193084717 seconds, executing 6 queries.