Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: I need a crash course........
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=131336&mesg_id=131355
131355, RE: I need a crash course........
Posted by CandiPaint2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by teklein
Originally posted by bullettdsm
Originally posted by CandiPaint2G it checked out with 16.0 Volts at the starter
16 huh? Is there something that you're not telling us? Do you have a 16 volt system in there?
Originally posted by CandiPaint2G However reading other posts I found someone with a similar problem and they mentioned 3 clicks when installing the TC after it has been removed. What is the 3 clicks he is refering to?
Ruh roh, I smell trouble........ During the install of the TQ converter, you should have put the TQ converter on the input shaft and wiggled/spun it with gentle pressure toward the tranny. You should have heard/felt 3 clicks. That way you would know she is set in place. If she is not all the way on, you can have a bound up engine. Try turning the engine over by hand with the crank pulley (clockwise)
Friendly FYI, this happened to Whitey, and the trans went up about a month later ;) Speaking with the trans guy and research on the interwebs, bolting the motor to the trans with the TC not all the way in can cause the front pump to be damaged.

HAHAHA,lets hope thats not the case hear...... I did try cranking it once over and didnt have much luck and fixed the problem so I hope I didnt mess it up to to bad????
I generated this page in 0.0075230598449707 seconds, executing 6 queries.