Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectForget this washer plate when replacing rear main and clutch. Is this really needed?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=8988
8988, Forget this washer plate when replacing rear main and clutch. Is this really needed?
Posted by QC DSM ESiT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Okay so I just realized after putting my flexplate, clutch, and tranny back together (I seen laying in all the parts i have setting around) that I forgot a washer plate. It doesn't look very vital but I don't want to be driving the car and all of a sudden have something break on me just because of a little part I forgot. I torqued everything to spec and used blue lock tight on all the main bolts for the clutch and flexplate. Do I need this part or will I be okay without it? I looked on some parts diagrams and most of them I seen didn't even list this part. Thanks in advance guys.

8989, RE: Forget this washer plate when replacing rear main and clutch. Is this really needed?
Posted by SilvrEclips, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That plate goes between the bolts and the flex plate right? Its just there to keep the bolt heads from digging into the flex plate, you will be fine without it.
8990, RE: Forget this washer plate when replacing rear main and clutch. Is this really needed?
Posted by QC DSM ESiT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yes Sir, it goes between the bolts and the flywheel/flexplate.

Alright this makes me feel a lot better knowing it wasn't completely needed.
I generated this page in 0.007706880569458 seconds, executing 7 queries.