Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjecttob fix
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=8924
8924, tob fix
Posted by 2point4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
so today while i'm pulling the tranny out of my girls car to do the rear main seal, i notice that one of the keepers that hold the throw out bearing on the shift fork is broken. this issue can be fixed with a chicks hairclip and some 2 part epoxy. pick up a set of dykes, bend the hairclip at a 90 degree and cut it at about 1/4 on each side. drop a bit of epoxy where the keepers ride and then press the right angled hairclip onto it, keeping it centered. put a bit more epoxy on the top and let dry for a while. works great.

8925, RE: tob fix
Posted by Dstach, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Please resize pictures. And That isn't a bad fix but wouldn't you feel better just replacing it? Seems to be alot of work removing a trans and all and not replace the bearing. Just my opinion. I do love that epoxy is one of those things that can fix anything though haha.
8967, RE: tob fix
Posted by 2point4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sorry about the pic size, i don't know how to fix that. i am not a computer guy. this was a quick fix on a sunday, when the dealership was closed, and i wouldn't waste my cash on a cheapo tob anyway.

have you ever tried to pry open one of your gf's bobby pins? those things are strong as hell! i always knew i could use these for something. cut it to fit, slap on a perfect amount of 2 part epoxy, and cure the epoxy with a hair dryer for a few mins. presto... we're back in business!
9018, RE: tob fix
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
so that's what you've been up to? playing with girl stuff and gluing shit?

:afro
9022, RE: tob fix
Posted by chipdogg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Nice fix, unnecessary though. Those clips are only to aid during install. When its all together, the TOB is held in place by the clutch since there's always light pressure on it from the fork.
I generated this page in 0.0083720684051514 seconds, executing 7 queries.