Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectAny advice? Replacing the OE clutch
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=8792
8792, Any advice? Replacing the OE clutch
Posted by gofer, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've been putting off replacing the clutch on my '97 GS for a few years and its finally gone. I can't even get it to disengage anymore and I've stretched the throw on the slave cylinder rod as far as it can go.

As I do more and more research on this clutch install, the more and more I realize the N/T clutch install is a completely different animal than a turbo DSM's. I'm trying to do this spending the least amount of money possible and it seems converting it to a non-modular '95 Neon clutch is the cheaper route, anyone else come across this too or am I missing something? From gathering all the info from 2gnt.com and DSMTuners here's my shopping list (bolded below) for a simple clutch replacement, switching to the non-modular '95 Neon clutch. Please let me know if I need to add something to the list since I'd like to order everything all at once...

F1 STAGE 1 CLUTCH KIT DODGE/ PLYMOUTH NEON 2.0 VIN (T)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F1-STAGE-1-CLUTCH-KIT-DODGE-PLYMOUTH-NEON-2-0-VIN-T-/150590988366?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1995
(8) flywheel bolts from ChryslerPartsDirect.com part number 6503464.

Thats it! Of course I'll use loctite when I'm installing the new flywheel bolts and torque them to spec. If the non-modular clutch conversion parts list looks good, if you could include any other tricks to doing the swap I'd appreciate it since I'm in no way shape or form a 420A DSM'r.

Thanks in advance.
8793, RE: Any advice? Replacing the OE clutch
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You'll need a non modular flywheel with that.
8794, RE: Any advice? Replacing the OE clutch
Posted by gofer, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by bullettdsm
You'll need a non modular flywheel with that.

Thanks Mark, you just rained on my parade man. I thought I would be saving money going to the non-mod clutch setup but needing a flywheel would put me over the cost of the entire moduler F1 clutch.
I generated this page in 0.010339021682739 seconds, executing 7 queries.