Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectNotchy shifting question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=8751&mesg_id=8751
8751, Notchy shifting question
Posted by SilvrEclips, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey guys, Just had a question about how well your trans shifts. Mine has always felt a little notchy when changing gears. Had the car for 6 years and this is how it has always felt. When you go to change gears it doesn't fall right into place. The shifter stops right before the gear for like 1/2 sec and then goes right in. The trans doesn't grind any gears and shows no signs of problems. However other cars I have driven dont seem to have this problem. The gears pretty much fall into place with little effort. Its very annoying at the track when trying to shift at 7k and you have to give it a good pull to get it into second. Some times it will grind a little but not usually.

Clutch is releasing all of the way, I do have a short shifter which probably just makes it a lot worse loosing some leverage. Also have bearings in the shift cables and metal bushings in the shift plate. Just thinking about maybe picking up a neon trans and rebuilding this one at the same time if this is not a normal issue.
I generated this page in 0.0097761154174805 seconds, executing 6 queries.