Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectTransmission shifting issue when on!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=8511
8511, Transmission shifting issue when on!!
Posted by maurizracing, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i was driving home yesterday from a friends house..when i came off the stop sign it shift into first with no problem then i shift into second and it didn't wanna go in. so i played with the shifter around and got it into 5 gear...i drove home the most i could till the car stalled when i was driving i can engage and disengage the clutch...long story short i got towed home..this morning i check the car out and found that one of the shifter cables came loose so i put it back together and also found the clutch master cylinder empty with no fluid..i put new fluid and bleed it....this is my problem the car will shift when the engine is on and even when its off...its like the clutch its always engage and it doesn't wanna disengage..what could be the problem....im thinking of changing the clutch master and slave cylinder and if thats not it..then changing the clutch...what u guys think????
8513, RE: Transmission shifting issue when on!!
Posted by Corbin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If your master cylinder reservior was empty and you have trouble disengaging the clutch, then you probably have a leak somewhere. If your carpet is wet near the clutch pedal, then you might have a leak in one of the master cylinder seals. You can buy rebuild kits or replace the master cylinder completely. If the boot on the slave cylinder on the transmission is wet, you might have a leak in the master cylinder. You can buy rebuild kits or replace the slave cylinder completely. If both of those places are dry, you can check the rubber line on the transmission. If that is wet, you might have a crack in that line.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki
I generated this page in 0.0081660747528076 seconds, executing 7 queries.