Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectRE: Rebuilding or swapping NV-T350 trannys?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=8093&mesg_id=8101
8101, RE: Rebuilding or swapping NV-T350 trannys?
Posted by BurninThatVtechA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I through both the tranny's in the back of the clipse and rode to 2 shops i know pretty well. The first one has constant work and is extremly reputable . The guy said he didn't feel like fooling with it and if I couldn't find anybody he knows a guy thatl due the rebuild (including synchros and an iputshaft bearing) if i could leave it there a week or two. The second one is a mile down the road a backyard garage type deal mainly does mud trucks, rebuilds 4-wheel drive tranny's but said hell to mine for the same reason the other guy did, The Synchros. He said the Synchros and brass rings are a P.I.T.A. Are these Synchros really that hard? On top of that i called my local dealer for pricing I was unawear just 3rd and 4th syncros alone, excluding the rings $328.82 the rings $75.00 a peice. Also several other shops in the city i called for pricing said 6 hours of labor and anywhere from $575-$800 Damn those synchros. Do these prices sound right? I thought about attempting a rebuild myself, Does anyone have advice or directions? Does anybody on this forum rebuild tranny's within 100 miles of the zipcode 24563 or 24550 for a reasonable price? Would it be worth it to take syncros outa both tranny's and make on good one but, both tranny were grinding in to some gears?
I generated this page in 0.0076560974121094 seconds, executing 6 queries.