Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectLoud Shreaking noise?? Need a walk through on clutch kit INSTALL
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=7386
7386, Loud Shreaking noise?? Need a walk through on clutch kit INSTALL
Posted by shamoo1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My car is a 1997 Eclipse Gs and when i start the car it makes this REALLY Loud Screaching Noise and it appears to be coming from the front of the tranny where the sleeve engages and disengages. Well, I got a bid for $550 in labor and $250 for the part.

I would be happy with another stock clutch kit or any uprgrade (Lowest Cost)

I need a walkthrough or some help/hints on how to do the install.

THank You

Patrick

St. LOuis, MO
Pictures are great
7387, RE: Loud Shreaking noise?? Need a walk through on clutch kit INSTALL
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by shamoo1
My car is a 1997 Eclipse Gs and when i start the car it makes this REALLY Loud Screaching Noise and it appears to be coming from the front of the tranny where the sleeve engages and disengages. Well, I got a bid for $550 in labor and $250 for the part. I would be happy with another stock clutch kit or any uprgrade (Lowest Cost) I need a walkthrough or some help/hints on how to do the install. THank You Patrick St. LOuis, MO Pictures are great

Check into the PT Cruiser clutch.

Thats an upgrade :thumbsup
7391, RE: Loud Shreaking noise?? Need a walk through on clutch kit INSTALL
Posted by shamoo1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well along with the loud shreaking noise it also makes a funny noise when going into 5th and won't always go right into gear. Sometimes it looks like it is in gear and it will rev up but apparently its in neutral. So, The shop said it would be well over $2000 and my car is only worth like 2000 tops all faded paint needs new hood and fender but if it will just drive then i dont hav e to get a new car which means a loan. How much for a working tranny and where can i get Nyou a lone. |

What about a pt cruiser clutch and stuff is it a direct fit.
What year for the clutches for a pt and should i get a flywheel?????
Plus the shreak gets louder as i drive.

Nedd HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I generated this page in 0.0088260173797607 seconds, executing 7 queries.