Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectTranny problem...mostly when downshifting.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=6537
6537, Tranny problem...mostly when downshifting.
Posted by 2GeclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok. Before i cut to the chase, here's the 411 on my setup:

New clutch. New TOB. This was done a little while before i got the car. Grabs like i grab on boobs. Hard.

Next. I replaced my clutch fluid this week. I also took out the restrictior and put everything back together proper.

My input shaft bearing makes that noise when it's cold. I think alot of us have this problem.

ON TO THE PROBLEM. I have to use excessive force to downshift into 1st and second. It's moreso and issue with first gear. Upshifting is fine. Sometimes, it wont go into third but i think that's just because i'm a retard and slamming the lever between 1st and 3rd...... So lets just say it upshifts practically perfect aside from the high rpm grind in fourth due to a bad synchro.

What do you guys think is up?
6538, RE: Tranny problem...mostly when downshifting.
Posted by RS-T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I replaced my clutch fluid this week.

Did you use the NV-T350 tranny fluid from the dealership?
6539, RE: Tranny problem...mostly when downshifting.
I have no idea what kind of fluid is in there.

I'm thinking i should run up to the dodge dealership and get some soon. I can deal with it for right now. Funds for the car seem to trickle in I have everything but mtx tranny fluid/gear oil. First thing on my list next thursday and i'll get back to you guys and let ya'll know what's up. I'll check the linkage out tomorrow.
6549, RE: Tranny problem...mostly when downshifting.
Well. The tranny fluid was going to get changed but i need to spend the money for that on a new slave cylinder. Fucker just went out on me. I pulled into a gas station (good thing it was a downhill slope), popped the hood and there was brake fluid all underneath the slave cylinder and the fluid resivoir was empty. There was a woman there who stopped me from beating the shit out of my front bumper. She's like "No, dont kick it." so i didn't. Hehe. Thank god i only had to drive about a 1/2 mile to get it in the driveway. The radiator fluid res is now above the full line. It's hot as fuck out and i was cruising at 5500rpm.... I had a semi on my ass being a fucking idiot. I had my hazards on and was in the slow lane. Fuck you to that guy.

Only gear i could get it into was first. I had to ram it in, start the car and give it gas right then or it would stall. Fucking shit.

Finding the weak links.....

Could removing the restrictor have anything to do with it? I bled my clutch properly and used regular dot 3 fluid. My guess is it was on it's last leg anyway. Maybe after i fix it my downshifting woes will be out the door. I most definately need to rebuild my transmission before boosting the car. Grind-grind-grind.....

I checked the service records for the car. Slave cylinder has NEVER been replaced. I guess it's about that time.

As soon as i fix something, something else breaks or "mystery problems" present themselves. Did my sparkplugs monday. Hooked up one of my amps and my six disk changer, ran all the wires and started tuning the system yesterday. Today, i go out for a bike ride and knock myself out..... I wake up this afternoon to work on the system a little bit and my slave cylinder takes a shit on me. If i didn't have bad luck, i'd have none at all. No kidding this project is going to take a long time. That's ok. It'll be much more rewarding in the end. I just have to break all the shitty parts first....lol.
6550, RE: Tranny problem...mostly when downshifting.
Ok. I just pulled the boot back on the slave. No fluid in there.

It's comming from the banjo bolt. I figured i torqued it down enough.

What do you guys think?

Take it out, clean everything up again and re-install it?

Edit:

Well, the banjo bolt was a little loose. Go figure. I guess a combination of that and removing the restrictor finally caused it to loosen up enough to purge the system. Shit. I should have checked it yesterday when my clutch pedal stuck. Fuck it. The powertrain is ok right now, my entire drivetrain needs some serious attention and then i'll move on to suspension stuff.... Gotta love setbacks.
I generated this page in 0.0091190338134766 seconds, executing 7 queries.