Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectclutch fluid '?'
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=482
482, clutch fluid '?'
Posted by juggalo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i just changed my clutch fluid 3 or 4 days ago. i just checked it and its already black again. any ideas why? could it be the rubber hoses are deteriorating? TIA
483, RE: clutch fluid '?'
Posted by Fast420A, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Did you get it all completely drained out or was there some left in the lines? You may want to go aheads and get the SS Clutch line, I heard it's only $25 or so.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Car Sold

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com
486, RE: clutch fluid '?'
yeah i drained it, cleaned out the reservoir, and ran about 2/3 of a quart of fluid thru to make sure it was all cleaned out.
where is a good place to order the SS lines from?
489, RE: clutch fluid '?'
Posted by The1Bill, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Http://www.roadraceengineering.com
Http://www.buschurracing.com

Check driveline or transmission on each of them. I am sure that both are of top notch quality. Buschur is a dick, as a rule (I have never had any problems), but RRE has an almost intolerable shipping policy (which they did, in all fairness, in response to people screwing them over). So either one works.
-=B-=
510, RE: clutch fluid '?'
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
if you changed it and nothing is wrong with it I wouldn't worry clutch fluid always seems to get dirty the fastest. If you really want it clean I guess you can drain it again wipe it out and bleed it till it clear again maybe there's just a lotta gunk in those lines.
513, RE: clutch fluid '?'
Posted by Sorry_i_Win, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sorry didn't see this post till now, but what do u use for clutch fluid? i need to refill mine.
514, RE: clutch fluid '?'
Posted by bullox, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
plain ole DOT 3 brake fluid :thumbsup
515, RE: clutch fluid '?'
Posted by Sorry_i_Win, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok, thats what i figured. thanx
566, RE: clutch fluid '?'
Posted by 95_ESi_Person, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
it gets dark when it absorbes moisture, but where would the moisture be coming from? air would do it.
567, RE: clutch fluid '?'
well i'm in new mexico, its dry as fuck here, so i don't think it would be from moisture in the air. the seal on the cap is good and its not leaking anywhere.
568, RE: clutch fluid '?'
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well see that's the thing about brake fluid it absorbs water. and water makes things rust correct so you don't want that stuff in there. I think your suppose to flush your braking system every year or something. now if you use dot 5 it won't absorb water but you gotta make sure you flush all the old stuff out b4 you put the dot5 in.
569, RE: clutch fluid '?'
Posted by daltah, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How often are you suppost to change the clutch fluid?And how often for a tranny flush?
570, RE: clutch fluid '?'
i have been using the synthetic stuff that says 'exceeds dot 3 and dot 4'. i think its valvoline or something like that. its in a gold bottle.
574, RE: clutch fluid '?'
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah I use Valvoline brake fluid DOT 4+ I believe. Good stuff. Definately do the clutch restrictor mod and SS clutch line. The clutch actually feels like a real clutch then. Not a sloppy, anyone can drive stick clutch, there actually feel to it.

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Cams, Hooker Header, ERT/Catco Cat, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC
575, RE: clutch fluid '?'
what size are the fitting on the SS line, i got one but it didn't fit.
584, RE: clutch fluid '?'
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I got mine from RRE, right size fitting banjo bolt and all. I don't actally know what size the fittings are. Probably NPT about 3/8", but that is a shot in the dark, I pulled that apart a long time ago.

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Cams, Hooker Header, ERT/Catco Cat, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC
I generated this page in 0.0082089900970459 seconds, executing 7 queries.