Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectnew clutch = lighter pedal pressure??
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=4749
4749, new clutch = lighter pedal pressure??
Posted by 97grnRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i got a new clutch kit and put it in. its supposed to be a stock replacement kit. = to or greater than stock clutch. but the pedal is way easier to press down than my stock clutch was. it grabs tight and dont slip at all but im used to my stock one having alot more pressure to push pedal down. why could this be? does how hard it is to push down have anything to do with clamping force or no? i just dont want to have it blow apart one day while driving. its a sachs clutch kit. but like i say it grabs great even chirped 3rd with it just to test but i am weary of the light pedal.
4750, RE: new clutch = lighter pedal pressure??
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Normal, mine is like that. It is due to the way the spring is positioned in the pressure plate. sma eclamping force but lighter pedal. The first time I stepped on mne i thought i have a Clutch master failin.

Terry
4751, RE: new clutch = lighter pedal pressure??
ok so its not indicating i got a shit clutch right? cause im used to the hard pedal. but i dunno supposedly its a 15% increase over stock sachs says. it seems to grab well. i guess time will tell
4752, RE: new clutch = lighter pedal pressure??
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
When I replaced my clutch for the first time the pedal was very light for the first 100-200 miles or so then it firmed up.
4753, RE: new clutch = lighter pedal pressure??
how important is that first 500 mile break in period? im at like 160 ish and i let it loose a time or 2 already.
I generated this page in 0.0136399269104 seconds, executing 7 queries.