Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectRE: Sick of seeing /
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=3574&mesg_id=9126
9126, RE: Sick of seeing /
Posted by jazzkeys, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ah. Interesting. Here's Mr. Peters's discussion on YouTube:

I note several things. Firstly, Mr. Peters was a racer and received sponsorship (i.e., ca$h) from Exxon Mobil for his racing program. Of course, he's gonna endorse Exxon Mobil products.

Secondly, race cars don't have warranties. If the transaxle failed in a Peters racecar, they either rebuilt it or scrapped it. If Mr. Peters decided to use Mobil 1 High Mileage engine oil in his transaxles, he was free to do so but he bore full responsibility.

Thirdly, if your transaxle fails because of your use of an unspecified fluid, you'll get no help from Mitsubishi USA or Fiat Chrysler. The warranties are weak to start with. It's sad how little support the manufacturers provide to customers. A friend paid $50K for her BMW 335i and the transmission failed at 70K miles. BMW USA is unprepared to do anything for you other than a new transmission, which is a $7K job.

But also read SAE Technical Paper 982674 about the development of AT+4. You can find it with Google. You'll gain an understanding of the R&D that was invested in the development of ATF+4 and why it's the best choice for your car.
I generated this page in 0.0080499649047852 seconds, executing 6 queries.