Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectRE: MOPAR ATF-4 is now available at Walmart
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=3574&mesg_id=7987
7987, RE: MOPAR ATF-4 is now available at Walmart
Posted by jazzkeys, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by jazzkeys
Last time I looked, the Walmart brand of ATF-4 meets the MS9417 transaxle lubricant specification, so it's safe to use in the NV-T350, and the best value. I've read that the Walmart lubricants are manufactured by Quaker State under the "Super Tech" brand, and meet all American Petroleum Institute specs that are inferred by the package label. Walmart is very strict with their suppliers; no messing around if you wanna sell to Walmart. Not necessary to spend more on branded products, including those from the OEMs (Chrysler doesn't make lubricants) that are heavily advertised and much more expensive. Those high-revving-engine-with-magic-oil cartoons from the oil megacorporations that fund the Speed Channel are annoying. And don't fall for the mendacious "high mileage" engine oil advertisements. No engineering basis; it's just disinformation. When I worked in fleet maintenance, we purchased lubricants and fuel from the lowest bidders (usually, anyway). All supplies met the pertinent specs, and we never had quality problems because unreliable suppliers immediately lost their contracts. HTH. Andy in The OC.

Update: Walmart's "Super Tech" oil is supplied by Shell, which now owns the Pennzoil and Quaker State brands. Shell operates a subsidiary called SOPUS Products, though which retail brands are sold.

It's kinda like beer these days: Almost all brands come from a few transnational companies. Q: Who brews Killian's Irish Red? A: Molson Coors.
I generated this page in 0.0089671611785889 seconds, executing 6 queries.