Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectRE: new throwout making noise
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=1073&mesg_id=1592
1592, RE: new throwout making noise
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by zhr420
well guys think its not the trany making the noise i think, for those that have aftermarket flywheel, the lever that pulls the clutch away form the flywheel is rubbing up againt the clutch housing, thats why it makes it in nuetral. if you are is in nuetral NO gears should be turning that what it means to be in neutral. someone needs to come out with a stronger thinner lever for those that have aftermarket flywheels. ohh yeah this happens because the width of the clutch and flywheel together is thicker that stock so the lever rubs against it. this post is a bit late. but my two cents must be heard.}( later "Z"

I have a stock flywheel. Its not the fork rubbing, trust me, if that was the case, then it wouldnt be rattling, it would be a very nasty noise :) The input shaft ALWAYS turns, weather or not the car is in N. Anytime the engine is running, the input shaft is turning. ONLY time the input shaft does not turn is when you have your clutch pedal all the way down, or clutch disengaged. The noise we are talking about happens when we are in N, and the clutch out, or clutch engaged. Some of you with the noise, try what i suggested to do, and take a look, you just may be surprised...
I generated this page in 0.0095000267028809 seconds, executing 6 queries.