Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectaxle seal leak after lsd install
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=6171&mesg_id=6171
6171, axle seal leak after lsd install
Posted by taclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, not to long ago i Purchased and installed the AMC LSD. I installed new conical bearings on the diff and new races into the case. I decided to do ahead and install new axle seals as well since one of them looked like it has seen better days. I discovered that the Amc unit doesnt taper at all where it is supposed to compress the axle's snap ring when removing them (somewhat like the obx lsd). I found that out the hard way by testing fitting an axle after i put the trans back together then not being able to remove it. I finally got the axle back out and removed the snap rings and everything seemed well. Once i got the car back together i drove it to for a while without a problem. I put the car up on my lift at work and noticed that a fresh leak just appeared from the pass axle seal. I figured advance auto parts gave me a defective one so I ordered one from napa and switched it out. I left the car on the lift and it seemed to stop leaking. At the end of the day i took my buddy to the back lot and there was a puddle of oil on the ground, so i take a look and my lovely gear oil is coming out in a steady stream from the pass side axle seal. The only thing i could think of is that the axle is out of round. I have changed many seals before so i know the error isnt on my part. I was just wondering if anyone has ever had the same problem? Sorry for the essay!
I generated this page in 0.0079891681671143 seconds, executing 6 queries.