Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjecthave 95talon 420a MT,is this Tranny,clutch or both?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=4002&mesg_id=4002
4002, have 95talon 420a MT,is this Tranny,clutch or both?
Posted by 1995talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok to begin the car sit for about 2years with a thrown rod and about 4mo's ago i just had a motor put into the car.as soon as i got it back i noticed that everytime i would take off from about 2-3k it would POP REALLY LOUD and if you push it like you would normly(mainly going up hills) i get this really loud grindin noise that i cant put into words.i took it back to the shop and they said that i had a bad lower ball joint and that was the couse of the poping,well i took it to the dealer and they replaced both lower arms and it still has the poping.

with what little i know i would guess and say its the drivers side axel but another shop looked at them for me and said they were fine they also said that the poping and grindin was the rear motor mount but to be sure leave the car with them and they would look over it and tell me what it was.well when i went to pick the car up they said the motor mount was in great shape and they didnt know WTH was cousein the poping/grindin but it was indeed coming from the tranny.

ok next is when the car is idel and in N i will get this ratting that goes away when i push the clutch.one day when i was checkin the tranny levels i had both sides of the front end on jacks and started the car and left it in N both tires started turnin and wouldnt stop with the pass side going much faster..i had the ratting checked out by 3 ppl and they said it was the throw out bearing and that it would be ok for a while but soon it would become very hard to shift and would wear out the clutch.well yesterday i took the car out and everytime i had to shift it took everyting i had to get it in a gear.i also noticed that the pedel was very lose and it used to be very tight..

also another thing i left out is that at 1st startup of the day onice i start the car and pop it in N and release the clutch it feels like its still in gear with the rpm's dropin just a bit and the clutch pulling the car some.the 1st time i noticed this it killed the car just like it would if you release the clutch in gear.
I generated this page in 0.0075161457061768 seconds, executing 6 queries.