Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectRE: Manual Tranny Fluid - MTX vs. SAE 75W-90
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=2732&mesg_id=2748
2748, RE: Manual Tranny Fluid - MTX vs. SAE 75W-90
Posted by jcracer19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
OK...to clarify and set the record straight and after many phone calls and thinking back and looking in my college transmission books... The NV-T350 transmission HAS all brass synchros!! The paper you are talking about is a synchro sleeve between the synchro gears which kind of acts like a mini clutch disc and helps in syncing up the synchro to the gear on initial gear selection then the synchro enters the gear for engagement. And SAE75W-90 will work fine, especially the synthetic which is a little thinner than standard 75W-90. I confirmed this with 3 unbiased dealerships (to me)across the country (CA, TX & HI) and 3 top transmission shops as well. Finally I got ahold of my local Mits Dealership and got them to admit they have to try to sell the gear lube they have, but that the 75W-90 will work fine. Everyone I talked to also expressed there is nothing special between the F5MC1 (NT) trans and the F5M31,F5M33, and W5M33 trannys.
So...I guess I answered my own questions, but sometimes brainstorming on forums like this help to jumpstart in the right direction. I thank you for your input.

Jim
'96 RS
I generated this page in 0.0068159103393555 seconds, executing 6 queries.