Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectLocation of auto tranny ECU???
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=724
724, Location of auto tranny ECU???
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm working on a 95 Talon auto tranny car, and i'm trying to fint that ECU. My diagrams say its in the center console accross from the gas pedal area, but i cnat find it. The dealer says is way up in the dash? Gold colored? The car has been dealership checked, sensors checked, no probs there: the car will go into N while driving, and will go back into second when the car slows down enough. The owner of the car says he has been told the tranny ECU may be bad. What you guys think?
725, RE: Location of auto tranny ECU???
Posted by amljbs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well if your looking for the "tranny ecu" or the TCU then that is located under the hood. You shouldnt have any problems finding it. The ECU for our cars is located right behind the center console should be easily visible for you. If its a tranny problem then it would be relating to the TCU so check there first.
726, RE: Location of auto tranny ECU???
Yeah, i'm looking for the TCU, the one that controls the tranny shifts, ect.. I have the console panel off, the radio out, and there is nothing right there at all, its empty. Under the hood, looking from the front of the car, there is the normal engine ECU, then right behind that, is another computer looking device, which is what i am thinking is the TCU. I have diagrams for a 98, which shows the TCU in the center console, but nothing is there. Maybe 95's put it behind the ECU in the engine bay? So on this car, why is there nothing in the center console? There is nothing on the floor in the cneter, nothing up in the dash, only thing i see is the HVAC ducting and all that..
729, RE: Location of auto tranny ECU???
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
for your year (95-96 I believe)is the one right by the ECU under the hood
For all other years I believe its under the dash by the gas pedal
731, RE: Location of auto tranny ECU???
Yep, i believe thats the one! Thanks guys
742, RE: Location of auto tranny ECU???
Posted by ghostshellx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>for your year (95-96 I believe)is the one right by the ECU
>under the hood
>For all other years I believe its under the dash by the gas
>pedal
some 96 have them under the dash, well atleast i do
I generated this page in 0.0077378749847412 seconds, executing 7 queries.