Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectGet my car back tommorow...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=522
522, Get my car back tommorow...
Posted by Joe B Slow, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wish me luck guys that this new tranny holds up to my foot. Gunna go easy on it for a little while I suppose, but hope that it pulls real strong.

Only has 22k on it and my car has well over 80k. Ill post how it runs tommorow when im done "test driving" it.

wish my luck:7

Joseph
525, RE: Get my car back tommorow...
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what did you have done to it???
just a stock tranny??
527, RE: Get my car back tommorow...
Yea got a new tranny put in!

For anyone who gives a blow - IT RUNS AWESOME AS HELL NOW.

No more slipping out of gears lmao.

Runs so strong it's kinda scaring me, prolly get used to it tommorow. But yea its up and running, lets hope it doesnt do it again!

Joseph
528, RE: Get my car back tommorow...
>Yea got a new tranny put in!
>
>For anyone who gives a blow - IT RUNS AWESOME AS HELL NOW.
>
>No more slipping out of gears lmao.
>
>Runs so strong it's kinda scaring me, prolly get used to it
>tommorow. But yea its up and running, lets hope it doesnt do
>it again!
>
>Joseph

OMFG - 29 miles on the damn tranny (22K+29) and i fucking blow the shit up....AGAIN!????? what the fuck is it with these damn A604s? And why cant i get one that is worth a damn!?

UGHx(

530, RE: Get my car back tommorow...
Posted by shuwa29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you got issues or something. i'm still on my stock tranny and it's at 86k:wary
later
531, RE: Get my car back tommorow...
I was on my stock transmission to aobut 87. So dont say any famous last words...

I dunno what the hell happened this time - just glad I was going fast or around a curve or passing someone, coulda been worse than just blowing out something.

For the tech gurus :

I was driving along the interstate, pulling very hard loved it. Then I slow down to get on an on ramp to get on a different interstate. Well it's a pretty straight on ramp, parallels the interstate perfectly then takes a sharp right turn. Well on that straight away my car BANGS into 3rd gear, scaring the shit out of me. It was very violent almost like a neutral drop gone terribly bad.

As I kept driving around the curve looking for a safe place to pull over I realize it's not changing out of 3rd into 4th gear. The RPMs wouldnt settle and just kept rising and rising. So I pull over. Then I cycle through the gears. As I go out of D it bangs in and out. When I'd go from P to R it was smooth, for the most part. When I would go from from N to D or D to N it would bang and make a very loud noise, and shake the whole car.

Had a tow truck take it back to the place that installed it - had about enough of this really. If it's the transmission - it has a warranty. If it's labor, it should have a warranty. Only drove the damn thing a little over 30miles. gah

joseph
I generated this page in 0.0090701580047607 seconds, executing 7 queries.