Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectLate Breaking News... 95's can use a 96+ auto tranny
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=3906&mesg_id=3906
3906, Late Breaking News... 95's can use a 96+ auto tranny
Posted by discount_tyr420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
good news everyone. i found a way for us 95 oddballs to use a 96 and up tranny without a lot of rewiring. for those that didn't know... 95's have a dual sensor setup on the right front corner(not the speed sensors) and the 96+ have a single sensor. This is very experimental still cuz i've only had it like this for about 200 miles. here it is tho.. i have a switched wire hooked up the the nuetral switch wire (black with yellow stripe i believe) to connect it to a ground. this is what allows it to start. then i have the old two sensors plugged in still and just free floppin and nothing is connected to the single plug on the tranny. the reason i have a switch on the nuetral wire is if you try and drive with it, it with kick you right out of gear and only let you stay in gear till about 5-10mph. It works and its kinda joinkity... but it works and works really good, no slipping of gears, smooth shifts, and same feel as before.
I generated this page in 0.007889986038208 seconds, executing 6 queries.