Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectAttn: Turbo folks with shiftkit
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=3015
3015, Attn: Turbo folks with shiftkit
Posted by Dirty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Those of you that have been around for awhile know all that I have done to my tranny, but I think in this case it's the shift kit. Does your shift from 2nd to 3rd jerk a knot in yo ass? 1st to 2nd is pretty hard too, but when 3rd gear slams in so hard from 2nd it feels like the Green Giant just kicked the car in the ass.

This didn't happen before the turbo, and it started right after the install, so it's not that the tranny was beat on or anything like that. I just wanna know if I have a problem or not.
3020, RE: Attn: Turbo folks with shiftkit
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well its supposed to be harder shifts, but if its crazy hard maybe you have a broken tranny/motor mount or something like that
3021, RE: Attn: Turbo folks with shiftkit
Posted by Corbin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Perhaps you dropped the front cross-member when you installed the oil pan with the turbo kit and forgot to tighten the front motor mount back up?

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire
3024, RE: Attn: Turbo folks with shiftkit
I'll check. Thanx fellas! :thumbsup
3025, RE: Attn: Turbo folks with shiftkit
Posted by soulcontroller, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
mine shifts nice.
3028, RE: Attn: Turbo folks with shiftkit
All is tight. I don't think my tranny is messed up though. Like I said, it didn't happen until I got boosted, and happened immediatly after (no time to break it). Oh, and it doesn't really happen that much when there's alot of load on the engine. Mostly lower rpm's.
3138, RE: Attn: Turbo folks with shiftkit
Posted by BumpinTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My dad's car does this too. Low loads, low RPMs, it feels like it gets kicked in the ass when you downshift. Broken mounts everywhere... I wish I could narrow it down for you some more but on a car with 310,000km it wasn't just one single mount that was the problem, it was a team effort.
I generated this page in 0.008965015411377 seconds, executing 7 queries.