Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectRE: tranny prob!!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=269&mesg_id=272
272, RE: tranny prob!!!
Posted by Joe B Slow, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
DOH - wanna know what I think all that metal on your magnets was? Read the post I made about my transmission not engaging gear. I dont think your problem is as sever but check near the bottome of where your tranny meets your engine for a leak. If it's leaking right there pretty good, DONT drive it any further. It could be your front pump seal, or even worse in my case you blew up your differential. But I dont think it's that, however you did say your car would roll back then finally catch. You may wanna take it to a shop to check it out, see what they say.

Also, make sure you're checking your fluid correctly and it's the right kind of fluid. Not dexron/mercon. Check those then call me in the morning (no dont call me reply).

Joseph

edit* one more thing. If your car continues to get progressively worse, do not drive it. If you start driving and it starts to fall out of gear then back again dont drive it.

edit 2* im not sure if the tranny fluid and the differential ever meet, so someone else needs to clear that up.:thumbsup
I generated this page in 0.0097770690917969 seconds, executing 6 queries.