Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectDid the free mod... and....
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=2608
2608, Did the free mod... and....
Posted by 1998EclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I LOVE IT. Its alot more fun to drive, I don't even know what it did. it does shift earlier but who cares. its not like my car is fast, now its just a slow car thats fun to drive. It rockets out of 1st. If my car was turboed or had some more power I think this would be a very worthwile mod.

It was so damn easy too, I just... cut the wire, it was easy to find, I just snipped it and said, what the hell... it was weird for a day or so... but now it rules. What exactly is this doing to my car?!

Post your results here.

2609, RE: Did the free mod... and....
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the only thing I would suggest is to hook that wire up to a switch so you can flip the mod off and on, cause with the wire cut you loose the acceleration kickdown when jammin on the highway and passing
2622, RE: Did the free mod... and....
Posted by willmayo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
lol its a good mod because when you mash the gas you shift earlier, thus better gas mileage. and to avoid the lack of downshifting, just manually downshift, thats what i've been doing for the last 2000 miles and i havent had any problems.
2624, RE: Did the free mod... and....
Posted by ajna_star, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
which wire cutting mod are you talking about... isnt there 2?

*edit*

u probably shouldnt mod ur tranny withouta cooler...
2625, RE: Did the free mod... and....
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sweet. I'll look into doing this mod at the end of the month.

Ajna, check the free mod thread down below.

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, turbo xs rfl, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting :thumbsup

I generated this page in 0.0094120502471924 seconds, executing 7 queries.